1 pinch of salt
Butter and flour for the cupcake mould
3 big tbsp of any red fruit jam: strawberry, redberry (I use “Bonne Maman” because it contains fruit pieces)
50g white flour
100g dark chocolate
More dark chocolate to be used later
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Melt chocolate and butter in bain-marie then hand-mix with spatula.
- In a bowl, hand-whisk eggs, add the jam and whisk some more.
- Add the flour and pinch of salt, handmix. Add the melted chocolate-butter and handmix.
- Put the mixture in fridge for around 10 minutes. In the meantime, butter the cupcake moulds lightly then sprinkle some flour. Tap the mould upside-down to remove excess flour.
- Take out the mixture from fridge and fill the moulds, upto three-quarter high.
- Cut a piece of the additional chocolate square (not more than 1cmx2cm) and insert it in the middle of the filled cupcake mould.
- Bake for a max of 12 minutes, inserting a tooth pick on the side of the cupcake at 8-10 mins to check if it has dried. The middle should remain melted chocolate.
I tried the recipe in a cake mould instead of cupcake moulds, and it came out as a nice soft brownie. I also added crushed almonds, amazing!