cI don’t like zucchini much because they are so watery when cooked. And when mom makes those fritters, they absorb sooooo much oil!! Then I came across a recipe. I hesitated a lot before buying this veggie at the market but then thought… okay let’s give it a go!
1 medium-sized zucchini (courgette)
2 heaped tbsp white flour
1 cup refined breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
Half tsp garlic powder
Half tsp grounded cayenne pepper
Half tsp dried Italian herbs or thym or oregano
2 tbsp of water
- Wash the zucchini, wipe away the water and slice it in half then cut again like potato wedges. I used green zucchini, but yellow one can be used too.
- Put the flour in a bag (I used a zipped bag) and throw the sliced zucchini in it, zip and shake well to coat the slices with flour.
- Beat the egg and water together.
- Prepare the mixture: breadcrumbs, salt, garlic powder, cayenne and herbs.
- Place a baking sheet on a tray. Dip one slice of flour-coated zucchini in egg then coat well with breadcrumb mixture. Place it on the tray. Do this for all slices.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise like me if you are too lazy to make a dipping sauce. Even when cold, it was nice to eat 🙂
Any spice can be added to the breadcrumbs to vary the flavour!