1 can of sweet condensed milk (250g+)
1 can coconut milk (400g+)
4 heaped tbsp of coconut powder
6 heaped tbsp of white sugar, 6 drops of lemon juice and 6 tbs of water for caramel making
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Cook the caramel is a non-stick pan if possible. When it turns on light brown, take off fire and pour a light layer in the baking tray (either a loaf mould or a small round one because the flan should be tall and not flat). Keep aside.
- Handwhisk the eggs first for like 3 mins.
- Add the coconut milk, handwhisk for a minute then add the condensed milk. Whisk slowly koz it’s thick… make a homogeneous mixture, then mix in the coconut powder.
- Pour this mixture in the baking mould and bain-marie bake: Fill an oven-cookware with water (three-quarter full), place the baking mould in the middle and place the whole thing in the oven.
- Let bake for 30mins. Then remove and let cool for like 15mins. Turn baking mould upside down. Tadaaaaa!
I usually refrigerate the flan and remove it 5-10 minutes before serving ❤