Okay, I need to be honest. I LOVE CARB-THINGS!!! Rice, spaghetti, veggies… almost everything! But now I’ve got to worry about my glucose level 😦 So… I’ve decided to regulate it by eating low-carb YUMMY foods.. That’s WHY this recipe! 🙂
6-7 cups of chopped green cabbage
2 tbsp oil
1 large onion, cubed
1 tsp thym
1 can corned beef
1 tbsp chili flakes (reduce if less spicy is required)
Half tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp butter
3 tsp maizena dissolved in half cup of water (cornflour/corn starch)
20cl cooking cream
salt and pepper
- Boil the chopped cabbage in water with 1 tsp of salt, for 15-20 minutes – covered. Drain well and leave aside.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high, add the onions and thym and fry for 2 minutes.
- Throw in the corned beef, chili flakes, garlic powder, half tsp of salt and 2 pinches of pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring from time to time. Put the beef in a bowl to use the same pan for the next step.
- Melt the butter on medium-low heat, add the cooking cream, dissolved maizena, half tsp of salt, 2 pinches of pepper and handwhisk for 5 minutes, or till it thickens but should still be in a pouring state. Taste the salt and add some more if required.
- In an oven non-stick pan (I used a loaf pan), lay down half of the drained cabbage, then half of the corned beef mixture topped with half of the cream. Repeat.
- Bake in oven at 225 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve hot with a side salad.
Inspired from the recipe on Deliciously Thin by Tiffany