300g skinless and boneless chicken, cut in large pieces
1 medium onion, cubed
2-inch chili, finely chopped
2 cups of cubed bell peppers
1 cup of small mushrooms cut in half
1 cup canned pasta-flavoured tomato paste
1 tsp Italian spices
2 tsp garlic powder
200g mini-capellini (angel’s hair)
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium fire, add chicken, 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 tsp salt and 2 cups of water. Cook semi-covered. Remove chicken from the pan when it is cooked, even if all water hasn’t evaporated yet. Reserve the water (bouillon).
- When the chicken cools down, chop it in chunks and keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium fire, add onion, chili, peppers and mushrooms. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the pasta-flavoured tomato paste, a cup of water, the chicken bouillon, 1 tsp of salt, Italian spices and garlic powder. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes or till the sauce has thickened. Stir from time to time. Switch off heat and add the chopped chicken.
- In another pan, boil 2 litres of water with 2 tsp of salt then add the Capellini. Cook for 4 minutes uncovered then drain.
- In a bowl or plate, top Capellini with sauce, sprinkle some Oregano and serve hot. And if you like mozzarella like me, then sprinkle some, put in hot oven (top heat only) for 3 minutes for the cheese to melt and savour!