2 tbsp Maïzena (cornflour/corn starch)
3 ripe and sweet bananas
2 tbsp sugar
Juice from half a lemon
450ml liquid milk (If using milk powder: Melt 2/3 cup of powder in 2 cups of water. Measure 450ml from that)
2 drops vanilla essence
- Hand-whisk milk, Maïzena, vanilla essence and sugar together in a non-stick pan until it turns into a homogeneous mixture.
- Place the pan on medium-high fire – keep whisking from time to time.
- Mash the bananas with a fork then pour the lemon juice over the mash, mixing some more.
- Once the milk starts to thicken and it is not liquid like anymore (mine took around 5minutes), take off fire and pour the milk mixture into the banana mash. Mix well.
- Pour the banana crème into verrines, cups or bowls, let cool and then place in fridge. Remove some minutes before serving.