I’ve been doing many things. I dunno why I can’t seem to find time to post them here. Every day I’m like, today I’ll blog my lunch; WOW, this is so amazing – I need to blog about it. But then comes 00.00… another day. Is it only ME who is finding that time is Bolting away? #Usain_Bolt
Well, the reason why I am blogging is I’ve hurt my hand, thus unable to do many things. But I can still type as I’ve not hurt the fingers required. Haha! Anyway. I’ve made an amazing dessert with leftover bread. Thought might be useful to someone else, who stocks bread in the freezer like me ^_^ I’ve made reference to this site for the recipe: La Recette de Cuisine.
- 1L milk
- 200g left-over bread
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 180g sugar for caramel
- Boil milk with lemon zest.
- Bring milk off fire. Chop bread coarsely and add them to the milk to soften.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- In the meantime, hand-whisk eggs with sugar and cinnamon – keep aside.
- Blend bread-milk mixture in a blender to make a soft creamy-like mixture.
- Pour mixture in a bowl and add the egg mixture to it. Mix using a spatula.
- Make a golden caramel with the 180g sugar, pour in a mould (not silicon) and let cool.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the caramel, cover the mould with aluminium foil and bake in bain-marie for one hour.
- Remove pudding from oven, let cool then place in fridge.
- When it’s time to serve, “un-mould” the pudding over a plate, cut and enjoy 🙂