My colleague brought this to work. I fell in love instantly.. with the dessert of course! 😀 I asked for the recipe, he replied: Agar-agar, custard, vanilla, condensed milk, dessert cream and canned peach. No quantity, no step – he hates me! 😦 Haha. I tried it as per what I think is right, I guess everything in the recipe below can be adjusted to suit someone’s taste.
- 4 cups agar agar (jelly) already set, coloured or not
- 2 tbsp Moir’s custard powder vanilla flavoured
- 1½ cup liquid milk
- ½ cup cold liquid milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ Nestlé full cream sweetened condensed milk 385g (can be adjusted as per liking)
- 1 Nestlé dessert and cooking cream 290g
- 1 canned peach halves in juice 825g, drained
- Drained Juice from the canned peach
- Cook the custard: Heat 1½ cup liquid milk along with the sugar and vanilla extract on medium fire in non-stick pan. Dissolve the custard powder in the ½ cup cold milk and pour this mixture in the milk on fire. Keep whisking slowly until you feel it’s no more liquid-like – as soon as you feel it’s thickened. Keep aside to cool down.
- Cube the peach halves 5×5 – or 6×5 if they are large ones. Keep 1 or two halves to decorate before serving.
- In one large bowl which goes in the fridge, hand-whisk the peach juice, dessert cream and condensed milk together. Pour in the custard made, hand-whisk some more.
- Grate the agar agar (I made two colours: red and green). Add it along with the cubed peach in the above mixture. Mix everything smoothly with a spatula. Refrigerate.
- Serve cold topped with sliced peach, like I did.. or just like that ❤