I am not a big fan of cheesecake. However, I had some velvety cheese which was 2-days near to expiry. I wouldn’t be able to eat 500g on my own so.. my last option was to bake it! At least I would be able to keep the baked cake for a longer period 😀 I found it nice, that’s why I’m sharing the recipe..
500g white velvety cheese (fromage blanc velouté)
125g sugar powder
1½ tbsp corn flour (maizena)
3 eggs (separate yolks from whites)
1 lemon’s grated zest
250g biscuits or speculoos (I used tennis biscuits)
75g slightly salted butter
Additional butter for greasing
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees. Grease a tart pan (I used a glass one) with butter and cover the base only with grease paper.
- Blend the biscuits with the 75g butter until everything turns powder-ish. Press and compact the biscuit mix into the pan just like a tart base. Place the pan in fridge to be used later.
- Hand-mix white cheese, sugar, corn flour and egg yolks into a smooth batter. Add the lemon zest and blend some more.
- Blend the egg whites to snow and combine with care into the above mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. I adjusted the oven to top-bottom heater.
- Let cool down, place in fridge and serve cold.
Some pics of my doings: