Lock Down! Confinement! Rester à la maison! Rest zot lakaz! – What we are being ordered to do, yet there are some nut-heads who don’t sink it in. Human beings are weird – they complain when they cannot take holidays but when they are being given that without asking, to spend time with their family and loved ones, then they cannot stay home -_-
I would like to thank those who are not being given that choice – health crew, police people, food providers etc.. Hats off guys, you are doing a great job. You will definitely be rewarded for your courage – God is great and sees it all ♥
My dad delivers fresh bread at my place everyday. I’ve been eating daily fresh bread my whole life – the bakery being 10-minutes walking distance from my house. However, he is not that healthy and I’m afraid he might be affected by the virus through the crowd at the bakery. I searched for bun recipes and found this easy one and gave it a try: Turkish Bun/Pogaca by Fauzia’s Kitchen. I prepared the bun batter so that I could prepare the filling while it is resting. I made the filling with whatever I had in my fridge:
- Fried chicken which I threaded
- Mushrooms, onions, red & yellow bell peppers, chili
- 3 tbsp pasta-flavoured tomato paste
- Olive oil, salt & pepper
Method to prepare the filling
- Heat the oil and throw in all the veggies with salt and pepper. Cook until the veggies lose 50% of there “raw-ness”.
- Add the chicken and tomato paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes then let cool down before using it to make the bun.
I followed Fauzia’s recipe to the letter and it came out so yummy! I kept them in fridge and eat them on odd days for breakfast ^_^
Sent some to my parents too – they love it!