Ramzaan is here, Alhamdulillah ♥
First roza went well in Mauritius.. I also made cheeseballs. I love making them because you can store and fry on other days. Moreover, you can add corns, chicken, carrots etc. But I love them cheesy, thymy and oniony ^_^
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 medium onions, finely cubed
- 250g cheddar cheese, grated (I used 1 box of Kraft Cheddar)
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- Semolina (gréo) for coating
- 500ml water
- 250g butter
- 500g flour
- 2 pinches of baking powder
- Keep handy as everything will go quickly: Beaten eggs, cubed onions, grated cheese, thyme and semolina.
- Boil water in a non-stick pan, add butter and let bubble on medium-high heat.
- Blend flour with baking powder. Add them in two turns in the boiling water-butter mixture. Mix well and quick – I use a wooden spoon as it’s hot.
- Quickly: take off heat, add the eggs first and mix well. Then, add cheese, onion, thyme.
- While still hot, make fish-ball-sized balls and roll in greo. I place them on a plate and keep them in fridge to harden first. 15 minutes later, I deep-fry some (no need to dip in egg) and store the rest in fridge in an airtight container.
With these quantities, I made around 100 cheeseballs. Eventually, the quantities can be reduced – divided by two for example. Also, fry them like 20 minutes before they gonna be eaten.. so that the outside remains crunchy while the inside is cheesy-soft ♥