Quick, easy and yummy Mauritian recipe.. learnt from my mom!
- 3-4 cups of chopped or sliced green bean
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 potato, cubed
- Oil for frying the potato
- Fry the potatoes, a little bit more than half cooked.
- Drain the oil from the same pan, keeping only around 2 tbsp of oil in it. Throw in the dry red chillies and onion – stir fry for a minute or two over medium fire.
- Add the green bean and 2-3 pinches of salt, stir fry for 2 minutes, then pour half a cup of water. Cover and let cook till the water dries up.
- Adjust salt. I like it a bit green and crunchy. If you like it 100% cooked, add more water and cook longer.